Entertainment

You used bleach the wrong way

BLEACH has been a popular household cleaner for years, but it can do more harm than good to some surfaces.

Cleaning experts have found that bleach can cause lasting damage to many materials and surfaces, and some cleaners can do a better job.

Bleach is a very strong chemical cleaner, so it may react badly with some household surfaces

first

Bleach is a very strong chemical cleaner, so it may react badly with some household surfacesCredit: Getty

Bleach is a very strong chemical cleaner, so it may react badly with some surfaces in your home.

Don’t make the mistake of wiping your entire house with bleach when you might be using safer cleaning materials.

For example, wood is a surface that should not be cleaned with bleach.

Whether it’s a dining table or hardwood floors, wood will absorb any bleach because of its porous nature.

This will lead to warping and discolouration.

In this case, you should use a cleaner specifically designed for wooden surfaces.

Bleach should also not be used on stainless steel, as it is corrosive to metals and can corrode surfaces.

Corrosion can also occur when chrome and copper react with bleach.

Instead, use a specialized metal cleaner or polish.

Another area you should stay away from when you have bleach on hand is granite or marble countertops.

Although they appear tough, the stone surface is porous like wood.

Bleach can damage or stain the stone, making your beautiful countertop look dull and discolored.

To avoid costly renovations, use regular household cleaners or whatever the manufacturer recommends instead of bleach.

Another item to avoid cleaning with bleach is your cell phone.

Phones are often contaminated with germs, and they need to be cleaned with alcohol or disinfectant wipes.

That’s because bleach can damage the protective coating on the screen, or even break the phone if it gets in through an opening.

Finally, though it may seem like common sense: don’t use bleach for anything that’s consumable.

NORMAL SENSE

Even the tiniest bit of bleach can be life-threatening when swallowed, so don’t use it to clean up any pet products.

Toys, food bowls and trash cans can be washed with water and mild dish soap.

Similarly, do not use bleach to clean children’s toys.

Bleach is difficult to completely wash off, and the risk of a child ingesting bleach is not an acceptable risk.

Use dish soap and warm water, or use a washing machine if possible.

Bleach should also not be used to wash your food.

To keep your food clean, store it at the right temperature or rinse it in cold water before consuming in the case of fruits and vegetables.

Also, remember to avoid using bleach in homemade cleaners.

BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY

When you make your own cleaning products at home, be careful when mixing bleach with other solutions.

Bleach mixed with ammonia, vinegar, or rubbing alcohol can produce extremely dangerous and toxic fumes.

It is best not to use bleach at the same time as other cleaning products.

If you’re going to make a homemade bleach disinfectant, simply mix it with water.

You cleaned your sink all wrong – professional cleaner warns why you should never use bleach

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for the US team The Sun?

https://www.thesun.ie/fabulous/8212667/using-bleach-wrong-cleaning-chemicals/ You used bleach the wrong way

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button